Should You Add Artificial Grass To Your Desert Landscape?
Only a decade ago the idea of putting ‘artificial turf’ in your backyard was almost silly. You pictured football field style crunch green carpet, which stunk when it got wet and bubbled up all the time. Today, fake grass is all the rage and I love it.
Here is a brief list of why artificial grass is something to definitely consider:
1. It’s not as costly to get the ‘good stuff’ as it once was.
2. Artificial grass today actually looks like real grass, only better. Every blade is perfect.
3. There’s no messy smell. The synthetic products out there have breathable pores, allowing water to flow and drain. No piles of standing water.
4. You can give away your lawn mower. Save the environment by saving gasoline, fumes and noise pollution.
5. Zero maintenance. Your new lawn never needs work! No more seeding, raking, cutting, weeding and trimming.
6. Your dogs and kids will love it. After a hard day at play, they will be mud free, saving you time and effort!
7. Cut down on scorpions. Watered lawns attract insects. Mosquitoes love standing, pounding water. So do crickets. If you install fake grass the crickets won’t enjoy hanging out there. No crickets means less scorpions, as crickets are a delicacy for those scary little critters. We all love less scorpions!
8. Your town might give you money to rip out your old grass. Many municipalities offer water conservation rebates when you pull out water-hungry real grass and add artificial turf. Check with your area for full details. It could save you hundreds!
9. Cut back on your water bill. No more constant watering and lawn water run off.
10. It looks great. You’ll have maintenance-free, mud-free, gorgeous green grass every single day and the new products out there last 10, 15 or even 20+ years without fading.
Conserve water, make your yard beautiful and have more time to enjoy the outdoors by installing artificial grass!